So excited to have my review for The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan on the blog today. One I highly recommend if you have a book lover in your family. Read on for more…..
♥ Blurb ♥
Join Sarah Morgan this Christmas and treat yourself to this feel-good festive read about mothers and daughters, romance and drama, and Christmas time in Scotland!
It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree, but who’s around it that matters most.
All Suzanne McBride wants for Christmas is her three daughters happy and at home. But when sisters Posy, Hannah and Beth return to their family home in the Scottish Highlands, old tensions and buried secrets start bubbling to the surface.
Suzanne is determined to create the perfect family Christmas, but the McBrides must all face the past and address some home truths before they can celebrate together . . .
This Christmas indulge in some me-time and enjoy this uplifting and heart-warming story from international bestseller Sarah Morgan. Full of romance, laughter and sisterly drama, The Christmas Sisters is the perfect book to curl up with this festive season.
♥ Author Information ♥
Sarah Morgan is a Sunday Times and the USA Today bestselling author of romance and women’s fiction. She has sold over 16 million copies of her books and is a 3-time winner of the prestigious RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America. Her books have received starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Library Journal and Booklist.
Sarah lives near London with her family and when she isn’t writing or sprawled on the sofa reading, she likes to spend time outdoors walking or riding her mountain bike. She still can’t believe she is lucky enough to be paid for doing a job where she makes things up.
Join Sarah’s mailing list at http://www.sarahmorgan.com for all book news. For more insight into her writing life follow her on Facebook at http://www.facebook/AuthorSarahMorgan and on Instagram at @sarahmorganwrites Contact Sarah at email@example.com
♥ Review ♥
Sadly for me, the cover is vital, I am not of those people who can read just anything. It has to tantalise my eyes and brain first. In this instance, I have to say I really find the USA cover more appealing. I don’t like the cartoon type covers. They take something away from the book.
There is no easy way to sugar coat this, it is a FANTASTIC read. It doesn’t have all unnecessary cheese feast that gets ploughed into Christmassy reads. That bores the pants off me. This book, however, had me hooked. With a believable backstory and three very different sisters. It was a great adventure to go on.
Snow and cold, play a role in the book too and I found myself with an extra warm blanket on and a constant supply of hot drinks as I read.
My favourite place in the whole world is the Scottish Highlands. So I was delighted to be taken there on this adventure. With the Cafe food tantalising my taste buds. It was nice to note that Scottish dialect was not thrown in for effect.
The book gently and realistically covers many different topics and the nature of these is what kept the plot flowing so fast. Easy flow dialogue with a perfect balance of humour and seriousness.
Christmas, of course, is at its very core and maybe a little magic appears here and there.
My first ever Sarah Morgan book and it really ticked every box. This book is for someone who wants realistic characters and a great storyline with that subtle hint of Christmas delight.
By Kelly Lacey
- ‘A must read for anyone who has ever been or felt lost. With beautiful text and an abundance of heart.’ Let Me Be Like Water by S.K Perry @melvillehouse @NikkiTGriffiths #Virtualbooktour #bookreview #MH20
- ANYTHING GOES – Festival Theatre Edinburgh 11th – 15 May #Theatre Review #Musical @captheatres #Edinburgh #WhatsonEdi
- A fun filled evening with belly laughs and an unforgettable performance from Jean-Luke Worrell. CLUEDO – 10th – 14th May @captheatres #Edinburgh #KingsTheatreEdi #WhatsonEdi #TheatreReview
- If you are in Edinburgh this week, please do go and see -A Murder is Announced 3rd – 7th May @captheatres @MGTheatreCo #Edinburgh #FIVESTARS #KingsTheatreEdi #WhatsonEdi #TheatreReview￼
- We are looking for #bookbloggers for a #virutalbooktour for The Rarkyn’s Familiar by Nikky Lee #YAFantasy #Bookreviews #BookTwitter – Apply here! #openworldwide