Darkness by Hannah-Louise Smith
Darkness is coming for you Christina Jones.
You, and everyone you love.
After the fateful events of the charity gala, Christina Jones is now crowned Queen of the Underworld. But ruling isn’t easy. Oxyllion is rising, and danger is stalking ever closer to Christina’s friends and family.
When mythic women start being taken by Oxyllion, Christina must delve into the past and hunt for answers in the most unlikely places. Answers that could not only save her father but the mythic and mortal realms.
Interview with Hannah-Lousie Smith
- Can you tell us a little about your publishing journey, please?
I started writing during the 2020 lockdown as a way to distract myself from working during the pandemic and my work just grew from there. I had an idea and I ran with it
- How do you decide who to dedicate your books to?
I dedicate my books to those who have helped and influenced me along the way, like my family and work friends.
- What was the inspiration behind your latest release?
Rachel Smythe, the creator of the popular WEBTOON series Lore Olympus, which I found to be inspiring and amazingly done. Plus I’ve always loved Ancient Greek mythology.
- Do you find it hard to let your characters go when you finish writing the book?
Nope. This is the second book in the Mythics and mortals trilogy so I still have a book to go. And super secret plans for a prequel and a sequel or two
- What was your favourite read of 2022?
I read so many books that year, it’s hard to keep track but the book that blew my mind was The Rats by James Herbert. It was actually the first book that I ever read from him and borrowed it from my dad. Such a brilliant book, well written and didn’t shirk away from describing gory horror scenes
- Who is your favourite author?
I don’t have a main favourite but Christina Henry and George. R.R. Martin are definitely on the list
- Was there a point in your life that a book helped you get through, and which one?
There were two main points. First the lockdowns, it was so hard on everyone and I needed a goal to drive towards and my second book helped me through a really bad breakup and all the trauma surrounding it. At one point I didn’t think that there would be a second book.
- Is there anyone that you would like to mention and thank for their support of your writing?
My parents and my brothers and sisters for keeping me on track and making my life a lot brighter.
- If you had the power to give everyone in the world one book, what would it be and why?
The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom. It’s about confronting your past and making peace with your mistakes
- What are you working on now?
I’m currently working on an epic fantasy novel inspired by the popular role playing game Dungeons and Dragons, called Gameplay. I aim to have it published in October 2023.
- Lastly, do you have any questions for your readers?
What more would you like to see in the books you read?
In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog
contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for us (at no extra cost for you).
One thought on “#AuthorFeature – Darkness by Hannah-Louise Smith @HannahLouiseSm @kellyalacey #Authorfeature #AuthorsofTwitter #BookTwitter #Books”